Hello All Tree Surveyors,
We had a very successful meeting at Kings Heath Community Centre
yesterday. We looked at the results so far (please see attachment for
details) and marvelled at all our hard work.
We decided to do a number of things:
1. Produce a leaflet e.g a tree trail with our findings so far. This
could link in with the Kings Heath Floral Trail
2. Produce a display with Tree survey information and lots of
pictures to go round libraries, community centres, farmers
markets, cafes, Kings Heath carnival, Gardeners weekend, Moseley
3. Think about doing a guided walk and/or an activity walk with
people making use of the trees in some way
4. Put information on a website e.g. Highbury Park Friends; AboutMyArea
5. Put details on the noticeboards throughout the park
6. Advertise the survey by producing a poster and circulating this in
the area to get more people involved
7. Think about how to involve schools in tree survey etc.
8. Highbury Park Friends have put in a funding application for 15 trees to be planted in the park by anyone who is interested. This would be a good project to involve local schoolchildren.
A number of the above activities require funding so we shall initially
apply to the Community Chest for display and leaflet funding. Fingers
crossed. In the meantime – please email any pictures/ ideas/ poetry/ favourite trees etc. for us to include in the display.
The next survey dates for your diary are:
*Saturday 10th November*
*Tuesday 20th November*
Meeting as usual at the car park at 10.00 am
Hopefully the leaves will still be on some of the trees then!
All the best,